Can't think of a good last-minute gift? Gina's got some great waste-free ideas for any budget, including no budget at all!
- Write a letter telling this person what they mean to you. It can be prose-style or Letterman-style with a Top 10 Reasons You Rock type of list
- Make a sign telling them something awesome about themselves then take a photo of yourself holding it and send it to them.
- Offer to baby-sit for a night!
- Depending on where you live, rake or shovel snow unexpectedly with a note in the mailbox
- Make a coupon for something you're good at like:
- a private yoga class
- an electrical, plumbing, carpentry or automotive fix they need
- organize their closets/garage/cupboards
- a bike tune up
- dog walks for a week
- limitless hugs
- Kindle book digital gift certificate - keep learning!
- iTunes digital gift certificate - celebrate music!
- Movie tickets digital gift certificate
- Homemade baked goods with the recipe
- Homemade bath salts (epsom salts + essential oil) in a reusable glass jar
- Send an invitation for a dinner at your place or theirs - you're cooking!
Little More Budget:
- A CSA subscription to get fresh produce next spring/summer/fall
- Give a micro-loan in their name through an organization like Kiva
- Buy a gift for a needy family through an organization like Toys For Tots or your favorite local drive
- A donation in their name to a cause they are passionate about:
- Animal Welfare
- Membership to an organization like:
- Sierra Club
- National Parks
- Passport America
- a local museum
- a local gym or yoga studio
- A gift certificate for services they might not buy for themselves like:
- a yoga private with a favorite teacher, great for a newbie!
- a massage
- a pedicure, great for a dude who has never experienced having their feet "worked on"
- Experiences like:
- a cooking class
- a wine tasting
- a horseback ride adventure
- back-country skiing
- hot air balloon ride
Ultimately the greatest present is your presence. But if you want to show your love in another way, have fun getting creative with non-material ideas that add depth and breadth to this remarkable experience that is being alive today!
Happy Holidays one and all!