- The British do not dance spontaneously. Ever.
- If you eat seconds at every meal, it's entirely possible that you will put weight on. Enjoy it.
- The hot tub is best visited when everyone is eating. The peace and quiet is worth skipping a meal for.
- If someone in America tells you they're "double fisting" don't look horrified. It probably means they've got kombucha in one hand and green tea in the other.
- When visiting a nudist commune it's likely a stranger's penis will graze your thigh in the hot tub.
- Giggling at a nudist commune is unavoidable but childish (see above).
- "Spotted dick" is world famous... not usually for the right reasons.
- "Weiner" is underused in the UK.
- Chips are the focus of 90% of my time spent in meditation.
- Camel toe can be expressed by a two symbol emoji. The moral of this little story? You just never know where the teachings will come from that enrich your life and feed your soul!!
The moral of this little story? You just never know where the teachings will come from that enrich your life and feed your soul!!
Carly wants to live in a world where people are courageously authentic, books are long and captivating, and “being” is the new “doing”. As a Registered Nurse, she’s honoured to promote holistic health at Blind Veterans UK, having previously had the privilege to nurse in a palliative care hospice. Her earlier career as a Telecommunications Operator in the British Military led to her being awarded for active service in both The Gulf and Afghanistan. When she’s not in nursing uniform, you can find her volunteering with ex-soldiers with post traumatic stress disorder, running up and camping on mountains in Britain’s omnipresent drizzle, engrossed in feminist literature, or very occasionally having to call a friend to rescue her from her latest foot behind the head misadventure.
For more information on Colorado School of Yoga programming, please see our website www.coloradoschoolofyoga.org.